Nelson Teed is currently the Executive Director for the Manufacturing Technology Center. Nelson has 30+ years of aerospace, defense, and automotive manufacturing experience as an Engineer, Consultant, Owner, and Manager at all leves including director. He has 20+ years of hands-on experience planning and leading successful multi-plant, enterprise-wide, continuous improvement initiatives in dozens of organizations through the use of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and other advanced methodologies. Nelson was the founder and president of a successful Lean/Six Sigma implementation and process/machine design consulting firm. He is an experienced trainer and public speaker with executive-level presentation skills.
Nelson has extensive group continuous improvement/problem solving facilitation experience resulting in the successful completion of 100+ Value Stream Maps, over 150 Kaizens, and over 100 Six Sigma projects. Nelson is the author of articles related to Lean Manufacturing published in APICS Magazine, Advanced Manufacturing, and others. Nelson has a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Technology from Old Dominion University.
Other credentials include:
- Certified Manufacturing Engineer, Society of Manufacturing Engineers;
- Certified Professional Energy Manager, NC State University;
- Certified LSS Black Belt, George Group and Virginia Tech;
- Certified LSS Green Belt, American Society for Quality (ASQ);
- CORE Consulting Skills Certification, Association of Internal Management Consultants
- APICS Certified Master Production Schedulter; and,
- NIST Certified Instructor for full site of 100 and 200 level lean training workshops.